New Community Centre on the site of the former Town Hall opened.
Dunwood Park opened to the public on 14th September. The land had been given to the town by Captain Abram Crompton and his nephews, and had been formally handed over to the Council on Coronation Day, 22nd June 1911. Dunwood Park is now a popular location for families as well..Read More
The Shaw Picturedrome (later the Pavilion Cinema) opened on Beal Lane. It continued until the 1960s when it became a bingo hall. It was finally demolished in 1994.
Shaw Wesleyan Cricket Club formed with a cricket ground near Holebottom Colliery. It is now known as Shaw Cricket Club
St George’s School opened by Miss Crompton, but it was not used as a school or Sunday school until the following year
John Wolstencroft, Chairman of Crompton Local Board, opened the Town Hall
A fire occurred at Vale Mill, situated near the railway station, causing £40,000 worth of damage